Laser eye surgery, page-13

1. 18,598 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 276
    dad got it done in 1993 or 94 can't remember but back in those days the doctor had to scrap the eye film after the laser did the work. back then you had to use eye drops for a week to keep the eye lubricated at all times during the healing process.

like tinhopper, dad wanted to see long distances and short distances (reading) without using glasses. so they made one eye 20/20 and the other a little less so no glasses was needed. still after 22yrs his eyes are still like the week after it was done. i think back then it was $3,000 for both eyes. as it was a new procedure, they did it 6 weeks apart incase there was a stuff up and result in both eyes being blind.

as dad said it was the best thing he ever spent his money on, for my 21st birthday if i wished to go through the procedure he would pay half. for memory it cost me 4,800 for both eyes. first up was a consultation to make sure the procedure could actually be performed. it was all thumbs up, procedure took no more than 10minutes for both eyes, had to look at a green dot inside the machine.

the moment i got up off the chair and looked at the eye chart i could see the bottom line, though it was blurry due to the eye drops being constantly placed into the eyes. had to have my eyes closed for 24hrs to stop the possibility of an infection.

not sure if it is still around but when i did my eyes it was a life time guarantee, so if at any time my eyes start to change i can go back and get them redone at no cost.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.