NVX 1.60% 61.5¢ novonix limited

Hi all,lurker but first time poster.Just a rookie contributing...

1. 6 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Hi all,

lurker but first time poster.

Just a rookie contributing to the community.

Right now on paper NVX is not Hollywood by any means:
    • Samsung supply agreement (decent)
    • Sanyo non binding MOU agreement (decent)
    • World class battery testing equipment which generate minimal revenue (though it is a good indicator of the quality they can produce)
    • New arm of business that will supply cathode through DMPG (even though good technology the manufacturing is not able to supply on commercial quantity)

On the surface it looks like NVX are just supplying battery materials (specifically anode materiel) to battery manufacturers at a small scale (small plant that produces 500t per annum)

All that will not explode the price in the short term, it just won't. Production can't be ramped overnight and that is too wishful thinking.

However, I think Covid-19 is a blessing in disguise where propaganda puts China as the world's villain and countries like U.S and Japan are moving their supply chain out of China.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/05/08/national/politics-diplomacy/tokyo-china-us-relations-business/#.XvCVcWgzaUk

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-china/trump-administration-pushing-to-rip-global-supply-chains-from-china-officials-idUSKBN22G0BZ

I don't wanna be one of those guys that links old videos but watch the video below as i found it very informative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FknWawDmeiQ

@2:20 Philip St Baker states the growth comes from producing batteries for electric cars (shows he knows where to focus his sales to)

@4.20 Other than an Asian company, Novonix is the only company in North America & Europe that can supply these high quality material (i have not fact checked this, you gotta take stuff like this with a grain of salt since he's the director.. no one else gonna toot your own horn)

this video was uploaded precovid lock down where covid just started. NVX was already positioned themselves to be a supplier that are not from an Asian country.

Andrew Liveris (Novonix's non-executive director) is the head of American manufacturing council and his role is to ADVISE the president on manufacturing. I know this is just speculation but wouldn't NVX be at the front line to be a supplier to american companies. With the AFR article released today i don't see why NVX are not qualified for the low interest loans to start ramping up production. The only thing i can think of is maybe NVX being an Australian listed company it would not benefit the american economy to a great extent (Trump advocating patriotism)?

IMO do not invest if you are investing short term, there's too much uncertainty which affects the SP too much (share dilution this friday & BD two months away in hopes of Elon mentioning NVX)

I'm keen to have discussions because i'm relatively new and am totally into looking at this from a different perspective.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.