IMM 1.72% 29.5¢ immutep limited

I hear ya ray.Experience has taught me that almost no matter...

1. 661 Posts.
    I hear ya ray.

Experience has taught me that almost no matter which stock you hold, the key is knowing the movements of that stock on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis. Choosing just a few stocks and watching the sp movement and volume and the cash flow will give you the best edge in a market increasingly manipulated by high speed traders.

High volume stocks are best for this of course like BHP and Rio but I also have PRR in my basket because of the story. Ovarian cancer PLUS immunology PLUS a good lead time on competitors.

On another note- I've read some articles talking about the cost of treatment using DNDN's Provenge and how that is an inhibiting factor. People fear this could impact PRR. Has anyone here (or on Seeking Alpha!) actually looked up the average cost of some of the course-of-treatment costs that American's have to deal with for a whole range of illnesses!? The costs are astronomical! THAT is why Obama tackled health care as an issue from the get-go. American's pay through the nose for health care and the costs go up in leaps and bounds each year. So while CVac (and Provenge) might be/ end up being expensive they MUST be put in context of the overall climate. Being an expensive drug is NOT new news! We should all follow Obama's efforts to improve health care coverage for American's with great interest.

Aussies can complain as much as they want about Gillard this, and Abbott that, but until you have to fork over a huge chunk of your montly salary for health premiums that are supported by Republicans who protect their wealthy donors in the insurance industry...you don't know how lucky you are. I've gone through multiple hospital visits in the last 24 months for a lung problem. It would have cost me tens-of-thousands in the US even WITH insurance. Here it was covered because I pay my Medicare levy each year and have what amounts to just normal here (extraordinary in the US) private coverage. I love Australia but for THAT reason alone it is worth living here...that's how good we have it in Oz....not to mention amazing beaches, beautiful reefs, a spectacular wine industry, gorgeous women.... i could go on :-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.005(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 30.5¢ 28.5¢ $469.8K 1.579M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 297652 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.0¢ 7500 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.