LOM 4.76% 10.0¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Last Post

1. 665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 335
    Wishing all LOMets all the best looking forward.

I know little about Merlin as an asset other than speculation and the thread really needs Merlin centric posters to keep it relevant. Mothae, Lulo, cutting and polishing, specials are now IMHO meaningless as the dilution factor due to the Merlin acquisition is so large that really it’s Merlin or nothing. Hence making me redundant looking forward.

Had we done the boring, hard sell, not so sexy option of a $20m placement to pay down debt - and kick in $3m to keep the Angolans happy. I think all being said and done most SH would have appreciated that it’s a tough pill to swallow - but had to be done to right the debt load and make for solid, measurable long term returns.

Maybe Merlin is a master stroke - most exciting acquisitions involve acquiring shovel ready asset(s) and getting it into production within the quarter - money going towards production rather than money going towards exploration drilling. I find the cost per carat base case justification to be out of date & irrelevant due to the fact that the asset is not in production. The assumption has to be a high grade resource - and that’s difficult to quantify right now. Big difference between economical and uneconomical resource.

I have no doubt that SW has an exciting plan, and I’m sure that Merlin will have its day in the sun. Hey if they focus on greens and pinks we might even catch a bid. If the numbers look good enough they even may be able to partner up with someone to kick the project along. Again need the results first SW - oh yeah & that’s a signed off BFS - we’re in Oz now not Angola. I wish all LOM SH all the best looking forward, thanks for your past discussion’s I’ve always enjoyed posting on this thread and wish everyone all the best looking forward.

have a great weekend
    signing out

LB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $28.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 11.0¢ 10.0¢ $8.063K 79.78K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 365960 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 90000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
10.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.5¢ 9242
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.