CTP 5.77% 4.9¢ central petroleum limited

late announcement, page-19

1. 10,475 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Posted this when the interest in Blamore was mentioned. It was an article from 2005. Funny it talks about lack of markets - how time changes things. Does anyone know if Santos's contracts do run out in 2009? I don;t follow Santos. But they could be a possibility as well.

Thoughts?

Bulldogsfan I am not a substantial share holder by any means. Nobody called me offering me shares at .15 like one of the other posters (boo hoo). I have to say I have enjoyed following the story, and I don't think we have rampers here so it is more enjoyable to read the posts.

"Gas
    Although monetising gas in central Australia could be difficult due to a lack of markets, one option could be to take over after Santos and Magellan (the Palm Valley and Mereenie prospect partners who are exporting gas via the Alice to Darwin pipeline) run out of gas. “They’ve got enough gas to supply the current contract until about 2009”, he said. “There are limited amounts of gas drilled reserves in the Amadeus that they can tap into and, subject to listing, shortly Central will control all of the most prospective Amadeus Basin acreage … subject to the listing we’ll acquire about 80-90% of the total acreage in the Amadeus Basin, so there’s no other gas exploration of real substance that Santos and Magellan can move into.” However, this could be as late as 2009 or 2010 and by then some of the offshore discoveries might have been brought on stream to supply Darwin with sales gas.

Central is therefore considering two approaches. The company could “discover a gas reserve of sufficient size to warrant connecting it to the pipeline to Moomba” – this discovery would have to be in the order of 200 Bcf to justify a connection. The other option outlined in a pre-feasibility study by Holt Campbell and Payton, based upon notional gas discovery and conversion by GTL (gas to liquids technology) into syn-fuel of two main types: Low sulphur, low pollution synthetic diesel and jet fuel; with naphtha as a co-product. “All three products could be produced in situ in the Amadeus Basin or anywhere in central Australia close to a rail facility and railed out to either Darwin or Adelaide”, explained Mr Heugh. “Our independent report on this indicates that probably most, if not all, of that product would be absorbed by the domestic market, particularly now that Australia is forecast to be only 40% self-sufficient in oil by the year 2010.”

http://www.pesa.com.au/publications/pesa_news/aug_05/pesanews_7718.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
-0.003(5.77%)
Mkt cap ! $36.26M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 4.9¢ $16 315

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 281970 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 95840 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.