LYC 3.43% $6.34 lynas rare earths limited

I thought it was a very good report. More could have been done...

1. 6,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    I thought it was a very good report. More could have been done to explain a couple of points, like the point at the end about a possibility of delay until after the election, especially after the previous mention of a decision being expected at any time soon earlier in the report.

However considering the reporter only had a few minutes of airtime to work with I think she gave the subjets a balanced and objective reportage.

To the critics, this was not a paid Lynas infomercial. If you think its disadvantageous to hear both sides of the story, well bad luck, we live in the real world not facist German with Gorbells in charge of our media,thank god.

Speaking of elitist views , "Anti Lynas peasants, children peering through slats, dugout canoes, subsistance" bla bla, really Play to win?
    Remember your roots, I presume you are an Australian, we are descended from bleeding convicts. And battlers from different parts of the world. Peasants!
    Stop looking down your nose at people. Those people interviewed looked to me like working class ethnic Malay local family people. Probobly quite decent people.

In the words of the French sounding Lynas spokesman we should have done more to inform the local people earlier. I will repeat that, we should have done more to inform the local people earlier.
    We gave the opposition the chance to skew this and suggest a whole pile of crap. Its not the locals fault they are poorer or less educated than us, or that they are being misled.

Its the oppositions for leading a misinformation campain and ours for not reacting earlier.
    Our company spokesman acknowledged this.

Anyway the reporter has to mention all sides of the story including that there are nuclear concerns held by some locals and about the protest movement. Educated viewers here and Malaysia(where most ABC programms make it) would have been quite unimpressed by the radiation argument. The guy from Lynas spoke very well on this.

I thought it was great stuff. If we know we are in the right (which I for one am certain we are) I am not afraid of debate or exposure. I think this article can only help our cause.

"The truth will set you free" as they say.
    The truth is coming out about the Lamp plant and we will soon be free to proceed. I think things like this report are steps forward. Especially for the large percentage of LYC holders who probobly dont follow HC and would have been wondering what the heck is going on for the last few months.

I feel more confident in our future after seeing that report, well done ABC. I hope they keep following the story, it brings attention to it and puts added pressure on the Malaysian government to act now.

Tretch

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.