BSG bolnisi gold nl

latest court decision on kensington gold mine

1. 355 Posts.
    Coeur Receives Ruling on Kensington Gold Mine
    18:53 EDT Tuesday, May 22, 2007

COEUR D'ALENE, IDAHO, May 22 /CNW/ - Coeur d'Alene Mines Corporation (NYSE:CDE) (TSX:CDM) said today that a three-judge panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, consistent with its March 16, 2007 order, today issued a ruling that overturns a lower court decision that had upheld the validity of the 404 permit for the Kensington gold mine in Alaska. The United States Army Corps of Engineers, in consultation with the United States Environmental Protection Agency, had issued the tailings disposal permit to Coeur in 2005 pursuant to authority granted to the Corps of Engineers under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act.

As previously disclosed in the Company's March 17 press release, the company is continuing to review its options, including possible appeals to a 15-judge panel of the Ninth Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.

Coeur d'Alene Mines Corporation is one of the world's leading primary silver producers and a growing gold producer. The company has mining interests in Alaska, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Chile, Nevada, and Tanzania.

Cautionary Statement

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.