CAI 0.00% 11.5¢ calidus resources limited

Hi Load Worth your while to watch the video again around the 7...

1. 7,556 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2077
    Hi Load

Worth your while to watch the video again around the 7 minute mark regarding profit for the year. What I hear him say is... "We have given guidance for the first half, I think it was 2150 we were saying so a little bit of margin there, so 20 odd million there you are making from the ops,... um, but as we move forward our strip ratio reduces, our mining rate reduces, our mining costs reduce and all in sustaining costs reduce.. ah, we would certainly be aiming for well under 2000 in that 1800 to 1900 all in sustaining range"

Leading up to this answer the interviewer asked the question how much money will you be making for the year?... this is a cheeky question thrown in which Dave is not legally allowed to answer because guidance has only been given up to end of June. Dave's answer is in accordance with the public information.... i.e. he is telling the interviewer CAI will make $20M over the first half of the year at an all in sustaining cost of $2150.

He is explicitly saying CAI is "aiming for between 1800 and 1900" AISC which if it is achieved would provide between $21.6M - $25.2M profit for the second half of the year on 36k ozs produced.

Hi elzephyrus

So he is categorically talking in terms of the AISC... not "probably talking about profit at the mine level" as you seem to be interpreting him. (you might not believe him but it is unfair to be 'verballing' him)

My takeaway is:-
    CAI is quite capable of making $40M this calendar year as a minimum if no further improvements are found.... with a possible 10% upside on that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.