KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

https://www.edisongroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Kazia-Ther...

1. 7,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 337
    https://www.edisongroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Kazia-Therapeutics-GDC-0084-%E2%80%93-encouraging-initial-efficacy-1.pdf

Here is the link @harvett

I found this on interest:

PI3K products from other companies
    Outside brain cancers, other companies are developing PI3K inhibitors (Zhao et al, 2017). No other PI3K inhibitor can penetrate the brain, so only GDC-0084 could be used for brain cancers, but the class as a whole has shown anti-cancer efficacy.

For example, Aliqopa (copanlisib, Bayer) is approved as an iv infusion for the treatment of adult relapsed follicular lymphoma and Zydelig (idelalisib, Gilead) is approved as an oral treatment for chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and follicular lymphoma. Copiktra (duvelisib, Verastem) was approved in October 2018 again for leukemia (CLL) and some lymphomas. In 2019, the FDA approved Piqray (alpelisib, Novartis) as an oral combination therapy with fulvestrant for metastatic breast cancer therapy for patients with the PI3KCA mutation. This is the same mutation as in the Kazia-MSK trial. The approval was based on a progression-free survival of 11 months vs 5.7 months on fulvestrant alone. In glioblastoma, Roche/Genentech has a Phase I PI3K pathway inhibitor (Ipatasertib5) in a combination dose and safety trial (NCT03673787, data, if released, Q121).

No other PI3K inhibitor brain cancer studies are in progress according to the clinicaltrials.gov database.
    @qqqqqqqqq you love to quote Edison - where is the competition you post so much about? I QUOTE from Edison latest:

• NO OTHER P13K INHIBITOR CAN PENETRATE THE BRAIN, SO ONLY GDC-0084 COULD BE USED FOR BRAIN CANCERS!
    • NO OTHER P13K INHIBITOR BRAIN CANCER STUDIES ARE IN PROGRESS ACCORDING TO THE CLINICALTRIALS.GOV DATABASE!

Where would grant money like to find a home - with other hopefuls that can't cross the BBB?......

Last edited by Pbnewby: 08/12/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.