I have long been a supporter of Israel and its right to...

1. 42,437 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    I have long been a supporter of Israel and its right to celebrate its founding.

however its equally important to recognise that non-Jews have lived in the semite region for many thousands of years, as the OT reports.

as is usual when any invasion force enters new territory there are casualties and so the many wars fought by Jews to establish their homeland were contested and despite Arabs, Jews and Christians, and later Muslims, all living together in relative peace for 2000+ years, that war has been recommenced since Israel was founded.

now Israel is the more aggressive party. they've imprisoned the people of Gaza in a ghetto and denied WB and Gaza the right to farm their own food, to decide their own national future, to conduct business and access adequate education and medical care and to be dependent on Israel even for water and energy.

I agree with Dud to celebrate the founding of Israel, but should add that Israel has done more damage to its justification and its claim to defend itself by the harsh brutality of their violence against non-combatants and destruction of Gaza and the settlements in West Bank.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.