GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

According to the literature I subscribe to hydrogen fuel sales...

1. 314 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    According to the literature I subscribe to hydrogen fuel sales would increase the demand for lithium. As you eluded to in your second link, the hydrogen cell is not a battery, rather a generator which needs to store the energy in a battery, likely lithium.

I think what you are worried about in your first query is different. Is there tech which is likely to replace lithium as the go to technology for storing energy in a box.

I don't think so because... science. As far as I know lithium's properties and weight which come from the elemental structure just can't be beaten but I guess do your own research on that.

Also consider technology time horizons. It is no secret that there is a huge lag between research and testing, securing a manufacturing chain, producing product and making public. So any technology advances which might come onto the scene quickly to us might be able to be seen a long way off by the people who look. If you wanted to start competing with a lithium battery you would surely see stories of box battery storage around. Have you? The most credible one I saw was a silicon/graphite battery which still had lithium in it. The other molten silicon battery type was not confined to a box and would certainly not be suitable for portable uses. You think your phone and car get hot now, try a molten hot silicon cell. No car manufacturers I am aware of are testing cells other than lithium in their vehicles so that locks it away for a while yet. Probably as far as I can see tbh.

If you see prolific articles where all car manufacturers are talking about replacing their batteries then you might get some idea but even then, years to get them tested, years to secure the supply chain, years to manufacture, time to sell and gain market share. But I don't even see hints of battery technology replacement, save for large scale storage, it appears to me like that is an indefinite long way off.
    Last edited by Sukurio: 20/08/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.