AKK 0.00% 0.3¢ austin exploration limited

Latest from Zeits Energy Analytics

1. 10,875 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3607
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/254...ting-the-upper-eagle-ford-on-the-agenda?ifp=0

Reinforces some of what I've been saying (repeatedly). Bolding is me

Halcón's production volumes in the Eagle Ford (no different from any other resource play with high initial well declines) is a function of the number of well completions during each specific period. Therefore, a lack of growth should not be interpreted as operating weakness, as long as individual well performance is strong.

What is driving this noticeable slowdown in Halcón's completions schedule in the Eagle Ford? In part, it reflects the timing of completions that I just discussed. However, I also see a reduction in the pace of capital spending in El Halcón, which, in my opinion, should not be surprising. Halcón's drilling activity in the Ealge Ford is still HBP-driven. As long as the company feels comfortable about being on track to meet its lease retention goals, the Forth Berthold area in the Bakken - Halcón's highest-return asset - will likely be the priority in capital allocation.

August appears to be another slow month in terms of the number of new wells turned to sales. My review indicates that only two new wells, the Redbud 1H and Manta 1H, contributed to the August volumes, after four tie-ins during the month of July.

In terms of well performance in the Eagle Ford, Halcón's results remain consistent and, on average, are slowly improving. The company added several strong wells in the past several months. The Keystone #1H (~69 Mbo in 5 months), J.B. Ranch #1H (43 Mbo in 2 months), and Wilco Unit #1H (41 Mbo in 2 months) are performing far above the average.

<<>>

<<>>

This highly productive well (~41,000 barrels of oil in less than two months) is located in the middle of Burleson County. While the discrepancy is most likely of clerical nature, it reminds of the fact that Halcón is yet to test productive potential of the Upper Eagle Ford on its acreage.

Floyd Wilson commented that the Upper Eagle Ford is likely a separate zone from the Lower Eagle Ford and may work in addition to the Lower Eagle Ford in El Halcón.

Richard closes his article with an "Outlook for El Halcon" noting 3 elements that need to come to together for success

1. Optimal completion design must be finalized (but notes it takes time).
    2. Most productive areas must be identified and prioritized for full field development
    3. Well costs must come down (need to see payout in under 2 years).

Challenges remain - e.g. re #3, HK is drilling single wells to HBP.  Specific to AKK are we part of #2 given latest production data?

Have to say surprised with 1.5cps.... oh well

GLTA - whichever way you choose to play it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.