Latest Morgan poll 2PP ALP +3 to 57, page-121

1. 25,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    And don't forget that the Howard/Costello Government, on attaining power, had to first overcome the huge Deficit it inherited from the power drunk Keating lead Federal Government. I remember it very well, as, for a number of years, I had a significant impost on my salary to pay for Labor's reckless expenditure, which, as we all know, it repeated under the fiscally reckless Ruddy Duddy !

And don't forget that, before the advent of the rising Chinese economy, the LNP Government had to overcome the advent of the SE Asian Economic Crisis; the political consequences of the fallout from the Muslim instigated tragic event of 9/11; the Muslim instigated murder of innocent people, including many Australians, in Bali; the Australian military intervention in East Timor to save the East Timorese from decades of slavery and slaughter by the Indonesian military (to which Whitlam, to his eternal disgrace, turned a bind eye when the Indonesians invaded the land of these brave people); the ungrateful attitude by the overpaid and underworked, so called, Ansett 'employees'; the introduction of gun control in the immediate aftermath of the massacre at Port Arthur; and the reduction of the flood of illegals to a trickle, to which the subsequent Labor Government, to its eternal and disgusting disgrace, reversed, leading to a flood of over 50,00 illegal welfare seekers flooding our shores.

Has Labor learnt anything from its six long miserable (for the electorate that is) years in power. when it turned a strong surplus into a mammoth Deficit and still rising, when it passed power to the LNP.It was one of the worst, and grossly inept Federal Governments over the last half century, except possibly, for the Government of Witless Whitlam?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.