EWC 0.00% 0.9¢ energy world corporation ltd

Pagbilao LNG soon to begin operationsbyEmil Jurado February 28,...

1. 950 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13

Pagbilao LNG soon to begin operations

Santa Banana, following so much bad news with the unabated inflation rate of basic commodities that keeps President Marcos Jr. awake at night, as well as the majority of Filipinos who are also worried, coupled with political violence on the upsurge as well as the incursion of China in the West Philippine Sea, a bit of good news is most welcome!

There’s for instance the welcome news that an energy plant in Pagbilao in Quezon, located on the northern shore of Tayabas, east of Lucena City, will soon commence operations, which will bolster the Luzon grid, all under BBM.

The Pagbilao Liquified Natural Gas venture built by Australian power giant, Energy World Corp. is nearing completion and could well be among the first big-ticket projects that President Ferdinand Marcos Jr would inaugurate under his watch.

I have it on good information, my gulay, the President is very excited about this particular project because it could boost the country’s power supply which remains shaky to this day, what with the expected depletion of the Malampaya natural gas contribution to the country’s energy mix!

Former Quezon governor Eduardo Rodriguez, who remains one of those committed to the economic development of his province, said the Australian company is committed to completing the plant despite delays which are beyond the EWC’s control.

The last remaining piece before the commencement of its operations is the completion of its own sub-station—a crucial component for power transmission—which is in its final stages.

Rodriguez, who owns the real estate where the plant is being built, expressed confidence the Philippine economy will recover and eventually reach its growth targets as it gets back to its pre-pandemic levels and the project would be one of the biggest contributors.

Even in its pre-operating stages, my gulay, the company has become a major economic contributor to the province and to the country as a whole.

It has employed thousands and has religiously paid its taxes. Considering the multiplier effect, EWC has done its fair share in the country’s economic development.

Rodriguez echoes the statement of Australian Ambassador Steven Robinson who recently revealed that many Australian companies are keen to invest in the Philippines!

The Ambassador says one of the reasons is the passage of economic reforms that are geared towards attracting foreign investment, my gulay!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EWC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $27.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 2949165 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 720939 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EWC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.