LYC 0.46% $6.47 lynas rare earths limited

latest threat from wong tack

1. 249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Feb 3: Himpunan Hijau chairman, Wong Tack (pic), said if Lynas rare earth plant still not close after 13th GE, the rakyat will take the last resort which is to burn down the rare earth plant in order to protect the people health and safety.

Wong Tack said the action of burning down the plant will not harm anyone because their objective is to stop the rare earth plant from causing harm on people’s health and life.

They are prepared to shoulder the legal implication, Wang Tack said during a Parti KeAdilan Rakyat’s Indera Mahkota program.

Wong Tack said on 31 December 2012, the green march has reached the door of rare earth plant, so if to take the next step, it would be to gate crash and burn the plant, that would reflect the rakyat’s angry sentiment and it would be the green march’s last resort because the rakyat has been forced into such resort.

He said Green March has announced its support for Anwar Ibrahim’s Pakatan Rakyat in the next GE, and hope that when PR wins power and form the new Federal Government, the rare earth plant will be closed.

He said, “We will choose to support PR, because its leader Anwar Ibrahim has promised the rakyat that when they come into power, the rare earth plant and Bukit Koman cyanide gold mine project will be closed.”

He said they appreciate peace, which was why after the demo in front of rare earth plant on 31 Dec 2012, they said they will not stage any other demo but to prepare for GE and help PR thorough democratic means to topple the ruling BN government.

He said, “Although internally there are members who hope I can become an election candidate so that there will be a Green rep in the Parliament, but personally I am not so interested with election, to do that would be too big a sacrifice for me.”

However, he felt that Wong Chin Huat, Dr Tok Kin Woon and Maria Chin would be more suitable to become candidate. Wong Tack said, “Compare to limitation as elected rep, I think the role of social activist is more suitable for me.”

Source: http://malaysianinsider-malaysiakini.worldheritage.com.my/2013/02/next-hed-burn-our-homes-to-the-ground/

Is there nobody stopping him? We all know he has a big mouth, but authorities shouldn't take his threat too lightly!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.47
Change
-0.030(0.46%)
Mkt cap ! $6.047B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.46 $6.52 $6.40 $29.03M 4.503M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 80 $6.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.49 11087 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.47
  Change
-0.030 ( 0.46 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.49 $6.49 $6.40 801079
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.