LAU 4.35% 88.0¢ lindsay australia limited

It's hard to find YouTube videos of LAU's road transport...

1. 10,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    It's hard to find YouTube videos of LAU's road transport division but this one, albeit of the Bundaberg, Queensland depot's fire (allegedly from a leaking gas bottle) shows how quickly LAU responds to an unforeseeable event, with 300 pallets still leaving that area that day.

I'd assume almost all the damage (save for any excess on the policy) will be covered by business interruption and building insurance.

Interesting that LAU has 58 staff at Bundaberg. This may include truck divers, warehouse hands, truck mechanics and administrative staff. Quite a lot, and testamount to the vital role LAU plays in the very important horticultural sector that gives many Australians (and some resident in other nations) nourishment and vitamins.

Future demand for vegetables per person per annum may well be on a gradual upwards curve, while perhaps for fruit its stagnant per capita, but Oz's population continues to rise.

At 0:57 I believe it's Mr Kim Lindsay, the soon to depart family scion and CEO, being interviewed.

Note how the TV reporter finishes on a positive note: keeping the freight moving!

Last edited by Hopeful9: 14/04/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
88.0¢
Change
-0.040(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $274.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 92.0¢ 88.0¢ $472.7K 525.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5257 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.