LAU 4.35% 88.0¢ lindsay australia limited

RIP to the train drivers. A shocking way to end CY 23.While I...

1. 10,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    RIP to the train drivers. A shocking way to end CY 23.

While I only mention it in passing as it is minor compared to the two drivers killed, one other photo I saw elsewhere showed a wrecked LAU railable container.

Two train drivers dead in horror smash with truck on Barrier Highway, west of SA-NSW border

Two train drivers have died after a crash between a freight train and a truck just west of the SA-NSW border. Picture: ABC News
    Kathryn BerminghamKathryn Bermingham
    @KatBermingham
    less than 2 min read
    December 31, 2023 - 2:52PM
    A train and truck have collided on the Barrier Hwy at Peterborough. Picture: ABC
    A train and truck have collided on the Barrier Hwy at Peterborough. Picture: ABC
    Two South Australian train drivers have died after a horror crash with a truck near the New South Wales border, forcing the closure of the Barrier Highway.
    About 10.30am on Sunday, police responded to reports of the crash at Bindarrah, about 30km west of the border.
    In a statement, a spokesperson for rail company Pacific National confirmed the fatalities.
    “It is with great sadness Pacific National confirms the death of two of our Port Augusta train crew following a serious incident where our locomotive collided with a truck at a crossing in Bindarrah in South Australia, near the New South Wales border,” the statement said.
    A truck and freight train has collided. Picture: ABC
    A truck and freight train has collided. Picture: ABC

The Barrier Highway is closed in both directions between #Peterborough and #NSW border due to a crash. Closures are expected to remain for several hours. Police and emergency services have responded.
    Copy link

“Pacific National takes the safety of its employees very seriously and has notified regulators who are investigating.

“This incident is having a profound impact across the organisation, and our first priority is to ensure the highest level of care to the families of our drivers who have tragically died.”
    Police say the highway is closed in both directions between Peterborough and the border. It is not expected to open for several hours.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
88.0¢
Change
-0.040(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $274.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 92.0¢ 88.0¢ $472.7K 525.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5257 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.