"Now tell us how you feel about Abbott and his Coalition who...

1. 135 Posts.
    "Now tell us how you feel about Abbott and his Coalition who oppose any reforms at all??
    I await your reply with interest."

Depends on how you define "reforms" doesn't it?

Do you mean the billions spent on putting in pink batts and billions taking them out?

Or perhaps dismantling the Pacific Solution which had cut the flow of illegal boats to a trickle and replacing it with - well, no policy at all at the moment?

Or perhaps the billions wasted on building overpriced sheds and libraries at schools, many of which were unwanted or unnecessary/ all of which were over-priced?

Or perhaps campaigning on a "no carbon tax" policy in 2010 and doing the exact opposite?

Or perhaps turning a $70 Billion nest egg into a $140 Billion debt in the space of a few years?

Or perhaps enriching Telstra shareholders to the tune of $11 Billion, and landing my children with a debt of anywhere from $50 Billion upwards to build the biggest white elephant this country has ever seen against the advice of telco experts AND without a business plan or Productivity Commission report into its viability?

There are lots of other examples. I don't regard these debacles as "reforms" - I consider them a disgrace. The opinion polls - all of them - seem to suggest most agree with my view, Dave R, not yours.

I still have my baseball bat from 1996 which I used to dust off Keating. In a few weeks I'll get to use it on Bligh; hopefully, sooner rather than later I'll get a chance to take a swing at the pretender currently occupying the Lodge.

I bet I am not the only one.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.