QAN 0.68% $5.94 qantas airways limited

Hi Surfrat2230,Let's keep in the spirit of the forum, and...

1. 7 Posts.
    Hi Surfrat2230,

Let's keep in the spirit of the forum, and deviate too far from QF. No airlines are immune from Collapse (that includes LCC's).

At the moment JQ is the only real LCC operating in Australia, i think of Tiger as an ULCC.

I agree the original JQ strategy was wrong, instead of driving VB out of the market, it created seat growth and usurped QF passengers especially on Leisure routes. But with a CEO that is sternly supportive LCC it is hard to see JQ go. Also dismantling JQ would never be approved by Institutional Investors.

I think JQ's expansion should now be limited only to markets where QF would never strive due to Leisure demand and LCC competitors.

But WE all need to remember as we are all very passionate about QF, this is clearly not the case with the majority of Australians.

Australian's are more and more price sensitive, they will generally fly the cheapest available as rule of thumb.

Clearly this is why QF int'l is failing. But when you have a CEO that is pro-LCC and doesn't want to make great changes to the current international business, there is no hope.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.94
Change
0.040(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $9.678B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.92 $5.95 $5.89 $13.41M 2.260M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 194441 $5.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 37856 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.