Leadership is back in danger, page-285

1. 48,044 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Stevo; you commented; "... many of us think he is the best leader."

To my knowledge NO opinion poll has ever asked that question of Tony Abbott; but the far less demanding versions reveal that he has a 63% Dissatisfaction Rating and ranks well behind both Malcolm Turnbull and Julie Bishop as preferred Liberal Leader - that's NOT the stuff of being the 'best leader'.

I am very proud of what Australia had achieved up to September 2013. Surviving the GFC like no other developed nation to become acknowledged as having one of the strongest economies on Earth and the wealthiest people on Earth was a magnificent achievement in the face of the most destructively negative Opposition in our History.

Like so many other Australians though, I'm dismayed that the trust voters placed in Abbott's Government was burned within 9 months of taking office - that disgraceful 2014 Budget from which Abbott sought refuge from the fallout by heading overseas to visit Murdoch etc. is testimony to scores of broken election promises and a self-serving deceitful agenda.

As for your comments about non-Christian religions and the Middle East, although I respect the rights of people who feel the need for them to choose the religion of their choice; I have no such need and prefer to place my faith in science. It would be great if all religions published 'disclosure statements' acknowledging what has been committed under their banners instead of claiming a right to some holier than thou cause.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.