Hi Davo Why does the train trip between Melb and Sydney take so...

1. 25,345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Hi Davo

Why does the train trip between Melb and Sydney take so long ??
    It is not the speed of the train, it is because it is run by union labor and tracks that are not maintained

Where do you spend the most time when you fly to Sydney ?? in the airports or getting from the carpark where you pay excessive fees for the privileged to pay $5.00 plus for second rate coffee while you wait hours to be jammed in a sardine can

In other words a super train run under the same conditions will still be slow, look at the efficiency of Japanese or German train services and it is easy to see that it is not the speed of the train it is the speed of the people that makes it good or bad

Why should taxpayers heavily subsidize a super train for a few individuals to ride on a super train like the Japanese.
    You can't expect Australia to have the latest and best if there are no people to pay for it.

Prior to the NBN I spoke to a number of Telstra technicians and they were all basically in agreement that if we kept the ADSL and replaced all the switching gear we would have doubled our internet speed at least

But no we had to have the same as Singapore etc and try to adapt it to Australian conditions and we all can see how that has worked out, my BB is about twice what it was with ADSL

Look the the new Subs -- trying to adapt a modern sub to a design of the 1940s another disaster

Australia has a limited number of taxpayers, a massive land size and overambitious politicians who like to strut the world stage, my first job if I was PM would be to ban all overseas travel for politicians
    Last edited by kingpins: 10/01/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.