XJO 0.81% 7,971.6 s&p/asx 200

P'dex,To short is to sell shares that u do not own and buy back...

1. 616 Posts.
    P'dex,

To short is to sell shares that u do not own and buy back at a lower price to make a profit.It's just the opposite to going long and that is to only buy at a lower price and if price appreciates u make a profit if u sell at a higher price.

I play both long and shorts to maximise the profits.It normally takes a longer period to rise but any negativity causes downside much faster and that is due to panick selling so u take advantage and close your shorts by buying back what u sold.

I shorted XJO 6,300,FTSE 6,335 and the DOW at 13,398 last thursday and closed my trades yesterday with a good profit cause i'm still not 100% sure due to no panick selling at close of Dow.My charts are showing border line 50/50 but i'm inclined to favour more short than long.Monday i probably short the rallies.Once i get confirmation i will keep my shorts for a little bit longer.The only thing which is holding back the big falls is the interest rate rise in the US which will only be a temporary measure but because of this situation the Dow will rise again but i cannot see it breaking it's previous highs.

Ben chopper has to counter the market and the PPT is ready to boost any big falls but i think the big correction is inevitable due to the US in bad shape.If it does happen and goes down in rapid fire my down target for the Dow is 11910 and XJO about 5200.This is still not a down trend but major support levels.

Cheers and enjoy the weekend

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.