'By the way, what is your chosen sport? You spend so much time...

1. 808 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    'By the way, what is your chosen sport? You spend so much time criticising league, i am confused as to where your loyalties lie.' Nickyjames

My favourite sport is rugby union. I hope that clears up your confusion. However, I also like to watch (test) cricket and rugby league. I have a son currently playing 1st grade rugby but he has also played League as a junior for a couple of seasons in the past. Believe it or not, it is possible to enjoy both sports.

If you have a look at my recent post on an NRL thread, I didn't critisise League, I just questioned this common assertion that it is the toughest of all sports - more so than NFL, RU, Ice Hockey, boxing etc. I just don't buy that. But lets not go back to that again. For stating that opinion, I get labelled a troll, hater, threatened with a TOU etc by 2 of the intolerant League fans on HC. Just for challenging the group-think of some narrow NRL fans.

RE Benji, I agree that his performance in his second game of senior rugby is no indication to how he will go in future. I liked his post-match interview. He showed a willingness to learn and a respect for the game of RU that very few League fans and commentators show. But you rarely find NRL PLAYERS bagging RU (or vice versa). Benji is obviously an intelligent guy and I respect his ticker in giving a new sport a go at this late stage in his career. I wish him well. If he does succeed, it will be a major achievement.

Safaris, Yes you rightly remind me of how shaky Izzy was at the start of his rugby career, so there is hope for Benji, but 5/8 in some ways is the most difficult of positions to adapt to.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.