AGS 0.00% 17.5¢ alliance resources limited

leaky boat?, page-66

1. 3gb
    963 Posts.
    Out side of our company how have the directors and IG faired decision wise in the last 10 years? I havent researched this myself, just wondered if anyone has an opinion. Not a lot of facts to discuss here. I may have made the odd critical comment about management in the past but to be fair I dont think I know enough to pass judgement. Mining is speculative, as they say if you dont make mistakes you dont make anything. Personally the gold mine didnt worry me it seemed to me history and the focus had shifted to 4 mile. Chile was puzzling though, off on a tangent. The management obviously have a strategy of not talking or saying the very least about the company and case also not buying shares. They have been very strict and disciplined in this presumably it is for a reason.
    I am not invested in AGS because I believe the management is good. I am invested because the resource is undoubtedly valuable. Bad management may squander some of this value but I cant see them give it all away. From the profiles on the AGS site the directors arent cowboys.
    I said earlier I was going to buy more, however what I was hoping to scrape up went through the floor. I still hope to increase my holding if I can buy around 12 cents. No one would give me a directorship. My investment decisions over the last few years was to buy IVR at 18 cents, hold AGS which probably owe me .18 and hold silver. But I did do one thing right I bought ADO at 6.3. So you can do a lot wrong and still do alright (or at least be OK at this time). The AGS outcome isnt known, we should get a lot more knowledge from the court proceedings which I think it will come down to. I often notice in sport how the eventual winner starts poorly and only shows its form toward the end of the game. There are reasons for this. The court game is about facts and psychology, legal council and witnesses are the players. To go the legal case course was a management decision which I agree with. If they win, and get back 100% or significant damages (10s of millions) I think they will be vindicated in their decision.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.