WDS 2.23% $26.64 woodside energy group ltd

Firstly (the Pro) these bums as you call them are construction...

1. 3 Posts.
    Firstly (the Pro) these bums as you call them are construction workers not mining workers. Second why are they being slammed when they have the right as Australians to freedom of speech, or is that a privelage that only corporate workers enjoy?

These workers want to return to work, they really dislike being out the gate. Foster Wheeler and Woodside refuse to even talk with the workers or representatives about current issues in safey, work agreements and the moteling even before the labour withdrawal. Yet they can make the time to talk to the media and call for federal action and paint the political picture they desire. All Woodside and Foster wheeler need to do is open discussions with the employees and contractors involved to get some resolve.

Alot is at stake for all these workers. Some potentially will loose there homes if they get hit with the $22,000 fine not to mention there jobs. Some have already been bullied into signing these agreements without representation or they face being fired.

Please allow me to enlighten those who are uninformed or missinformed.
    The Pluto site was locked into a 5 year AWA agreement that was signed by a handfull of hand selected employees (most of who have no or little prior experience in this industry) to sign the agreement, where, would make the agreement binding by a majority ruling. This was conducted before the AWA agreements were overturned under new federal IR laws. This agreement, however bad it may be is now being twisted and changed to suit Woodside and Foster Wheelers financial gain only. The camp was built to half its size to save money and now they are trying to implement motelling (which was no doubt on the drawing board back then). Why not incorperate this at the start and not half way through the job? Soon they will no doubt in the future concider "hot bedding" or bunks where you will have to share a bedroom with a co-worker. Not my idea of fun! At what stage does someone say enough is enough and make a stand or is it the Australian way to lie down and let corporations walk all over us.

How Australian is Woodside anyway???

Woodside's Pluto LNG project was designed and engineered in london. The module construction phase was built in the Phillipines and Thailand and all componentry was sourced from foreign countries. Australia is the only country in the world that does this in a time of financial crisis. We have the facilities but it comes down to simply money to them. Which is good news for shareholders pockets but bad for the suppliers, engineers, trade workers and small buisness's in Australia who miss out on the work. There is no shortage of labour just workers not prepared to get involved in a job that has, in past Woodside projects, proved to be dangerous and a high element of refused comunication between Woodside and Foster Wheeler towards the contractors. Prospective employees are refusing to accept jobs here and go work elsewhere as a result. These are the key workers who are extremely sought after for there experience and knowledge.

In my opinion this is the agenda behind Woodside and other companies alike to try and bring in 457 visa holders and flood the workforce. This sounds great for the ecconomy but disasterous to the trades and associated industries as cheaper labour is introduced. This is a real concern among workers across Australia as low quality workers are introduced and wages decrease.
    I personally, as have others, seen some of the quality of the pipe work on the project from overseas and it is not what I would deem as typical quality associated with LNG plants. Might be looking at a white elephant there?

At the end of the day Don Voelet CEO of Woodside has ties with the board of directors for "The Western Australian" newspaper. I'm told a directors seat. Please correct me if I am wrong. Channel seven is financially tied to the Western Australian. So in turn, they wont want to paint a bad picture of associated corporations. The media is run by these big corporations. Dont always believe what you read. Money is always more important than the truth.

I apologise if this appears to be in bad taste or like an attack but the share holders and the public have a right to know what is happening there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.