afternoon, IMO - google tax rules and start from there - it's...

1. 79,572 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    afternoon,

IMO - google tax rules and start from there - it's very complicated if you are starting from scratch.

again, IMO - it depends on what amount one is talking about - if it's a smaller amount - say sub 200 to 500k and one is younger - say under 50 - I would think that reading as much as you can and running under some package like esuper or the like may be worth it.

If over a million - I would have no hesitation in suggesting finding a 'good' compliance super accountant.

If you can find a good one - and, they ain't easy to find - then it would be worth a visit before any move for any amount - a good one is really worthwhile.

If you did engage one and do the rest of it yourself - they are only a 'compliance' person - they cannot by law, advise on which investments or any particular investment - again, they are limited to compliance only - but, that is a really big deal and, a good one will keep you out of jail and out of breach (assuming you do as advised) - and, they can give you strategies as you get older that are more than helpful - probably crucial - that I doubt if the cut price setups can give.

Unfortunately, the hard part again is finding a good one ----- qualification does not equal quality.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.