First don't believe anyone but yourself and then only sometimes...

1. 25,552 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    First don't believe anyone but yourself and then only sometimes

The DT and STT threads are only good for the chatter of where to start to do your research, not suggestions of what to buy.
    I follow both threads to get clues as to where to start, there are thousands of stocks and it is impossible to research them all for a starting point unless you have a high quality scanning program.

Plus IMHO you have to use a lot of good old fashioned gut feeling also, if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't, there have been numerous shares that appear to tick all the boxes in my research but I just don't like them and the majority of the time my feelings are more accurate than the research

Even ten years ago if your research showed all the fundamentals were there for a good SP move you could buy safely, but now as you say announcements do not mean much, the markets do not move on actual fundamental moves but on moves from the Bot traders and daily fear and sentiment all of which it is hard to peg into, I would even say that 15 years ago you could pick your shares with a pin and 90% of the time get a winner, but not now. Of course you can follow bot trading and follow in their steps, but it is hard work these days to make a good income unless you use all the technical tools available and that can be a bit expensive

Just my opinions on what is good for me, good luck

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.