learning to love speccies

1. 43 Posts.
    Hi all,

I have been a holder of a retirement portfolio of the usual bluechips for many years (haven't actually retired yet.)and have watched it wax and wane over the long term, then really take a hiding during the GFC.
    It was in the aftermath of the GFC while my portfolio jumped around up and down , but mainly side ways that I started to take a more active interest in the smaller cap end of the market and dabble in some ST and MT trading in what most people would admit were speccies . Althuogh I have been at it only a year I have manage to make some half decent beer money.
    I have been using stock forums (mainly HC) to get initial ideas then go off and research stocks,(Iknow ,I know DYOR) then try and get the timing any impending runup in SP of a stock.I have even put a couple away in bottom drawer but will mainly leave that tactic for the blue chips at this stage.
    Very low success rate so far, but I am actually really enjoying it. Following the journey of a small stock whith all the speculation , punting , subtefuge, successes , good management , bad management is great fun and as we all know can be well rewarded if you get it right.
    There are some great small co's out there striving for their place in the world and it's great watching them swim upstream.Some make it some don't.

So I am becoming a speccie addict. And as long as the resourses boom continues will probbally continue to be. And if anyone has some speccies they are favoring that are worth spending some time researching , I would love to know.

SSN PDY HAW and sundry big ones

Have good speccie week everyone

Numb

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.