leek - has watso been missing out???, page-9

1. 28,667 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    When pica was a little girl (500 years ago) and in early primary school, she recalls a boy called Maurice Keating. I believed him to be brilliant. This is why. The teacher said all sentences need a subject. But, where was the subject in the sentence "Come here", she said. I was puzzled. Where, indeed? MK said the answer is "you". "Why?" said the teacher. "Because it is understood," he replied.

I would like to know whether today he is a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon.

I don't know why I remember that story or the boy's name, nor how I can recall exactly how that interchange went. I evidently was extremely impressed by him. I expected the teacher to tell him he was a dunce, but how did he know? She had not taught us that!!! lol

Sadly, the watso micro washing system has been replaced by a state-of-the-art front loading washing machine, although I've not forgotten either Maurice Keating's English lesson nor your Micro Washing machine lesson either. A bit of space between those two exciting events, however.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.