"it still stands IMHO he was a very great man who in my mind was...

1. 8,407 Posts.
    "it still stands IMHO he was a very great man who in my mind was English, christian and Anglican by faith.
    please go back in a time machine and ask if he himself was proud of these attributes."

In my view he was one of the most extraordinary and interesting men of the "scientific revolution" and the modern era.
    This was not because he was English, Christian or Anglican but in spite of it.
    Rather than rely on your current limited view of him why not do some proper research as quite a lot of his actual views and material that was not published during his lifetime has come to light fairly recently.

Whilst a product of his era and it's conventional Christian attitude, his public life was not his actual life.
    His so called Anglican faith was considered unorthodox even in his day but the above mentioned material now available, shows it to be very unconventional ... to the extent that many Christians regard him as an occultist.

For example he was a long time student of Alchemy which itself had to be hidden behind the supposed search for how to transform base metal into gold. That being code for transforming a Man's base nature into something more precious.

As has been pointed out by others, at that time, a public figure such as Sir Isaac had to be very careful with what he disclosed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.