CTD 1.36% $11.93 corporate travel management limited

CTD has been shorted close to 10% of float before over the last...

1. 1,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    CTD has been shorted close to 10% of float before over the last 3 years and its been reported in trailing AFR news-stories, with specific short seller individuals outlaying their case more than once and with detail.  Obviously in the past this did not end well for them, short sellers are wrong as often as they are right. The difference here is the boldness of the claims, the number of pages of the report, the amount of AFR articles with reference to previous VGI cases like SGH, and aggressive suggestions that the stock is overvalued by over 100-150%. 

The key here is that the report is over 150 pages and wasn't made publicly available, ultimately the market is spooked, sells and asks questions later and has no recourse because few outside the financials industry as retail investors have the desire or ability to wade through 150 pages and verify everything. In this case they can't even view the report, which is utterly despicable seeing as it something that hugely effects them and VGI are laughably claiming they are doing this to help them. Everything VGI is presenting to the media and the way they are wording their claims with an openly snarky, condescending and arrogant tonedespite clear dishonesty in some cases does suggest that there are no mistakes here, they genuinely believe they can mislead or provide questionable information the market, cause giant moves in price and claim that its an issue of opinion if their claims miss the mark in accuracy. 

Personally I do think there will be major legal action, the misstatement of key accounting principles  in particular to suggest that the entire profit growth profile was due to accounting changes when its is clear it will influence the market is likely going to make them liable for damages if it truly was completely inaccurate.

Of course I am giving the benefit of the doubt to CTD at this point, but I'm also basing that view off what I've read from other investment bank and managed fun sources that have issued statements on the issue in the last week. It is fair to say that someone is going to be in for serious legal action because clearly there is a party involved that is misleading the market due to the claims on either side being so drastically at odds with major contrary implications depending on which are true.

Last edited by Jean Luc Bergman: 04/11/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.93
Change
0.160(1.36%)
Mkt cap ! $1.745B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.80 $12.01 $11.67 $6.586M 554.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1468 $11.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.00 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.