LYC 2.56% $6.10 lynas rare earths limited

The real problem here with the LYC SP is the uncertainty IMO.Now...

1. 1,633 Posts.
    The real problem here with the LYC SP is the uncertainty IMO.

Now that the legal action genie is out of the bottle anything can happen and the result of any legal battle is in the lap of the gods. It will not be purely a matter of the science behind the safety of the LAMP, it will come down to the talent and form of Lynas' lawyers on the day verses the opposition's legal team.

Based on my best understanding Lynas should win on the grounds that the plant is safe and the best that can be reasonably built with current technology and there is minimal danger from a plant such as this in a heavy offensive industry estate. This is not being built in a residential area as has been implied many times by the opposition, it is located in an industrial estate surrounded by other factories and chemical plants having been built where the Malaysian Government ask Lynas to build it.

This is not an environmental safety issue or a nuclear safety issue but it is now a legal and political issue and it will be sorted there in those arenas. I would not be a holder if I thought Lynas would turn out to be a poor corporate citizen and polluter.

Good luck to all involved - may the truth finally win.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.10
Change
-0.160(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $5.701B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.14 $6.16 $6.02 $31.69M 5.119M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23252 $6.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.10 23221 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.