It was amusing to watch. Sports combined with eye candy. These...

1. 7,746 Posts.
    It was amusing to watch. Sports combined with eye candy. These days most females need to show flesh to succeed in sport. Netballers always wear short skirts. Basketball wear figure hugging lycra. Track and feild. Beach Volleyball. Etc.

The more attractive athletes get sponsors at the olympics while the others struggle. And they all pose in blokes mags and calanders to boost profile and earn dollars.

The game itself was ok. State of origin. NSW v QLD. NSW were excellent defensively. Stopped almost everything. The american import scored a touchdown for QLD.

It wasnt very fast or physical. It was fast in the context of stoppages, ie timeouts and delays of game. Usually gridiron can be painfully slow. So from a spectacle point it was better.

But the pace of the actual game and the movement of the ball I fount slow. When you compare rugby with ruby 7s the modified version is usually faster.

This format is a modified version. So I expected faster free flowing stuff. The physicality or lack of it was expected. Women sports often dumb down the contact and in this case the uniform/padding is more lacking. So understandable.

To be honest the uniforms weren't very controversial. The breifs were large and designed for sport not anything small or lacy. Fair enough. And the bra was also a sports bra and with the shoulder pads you really couldnt see much clevage.

All the girls were attractive in body anf facially. In reall sport especially NFL you would always get overweight and ugly men. So these girls gave definitely been chosen for more than their on feild ability.

I'd watch it again if Ive got nothing better to do. Im surprised 7 took the risk of public outlash over the potential sexualisation of sport and women. Risky move.

Personally I dont see it that way, or more specifically I see that virtually everyone gets discriminated against in daily life. So this is just normal. No different to the attractive girl getting the office job over an unattractive applicant. And the same happens to guys.

The girls arent forced to play the game. Its a choice. Wearing lingerie is just a part of the decision process.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.