Lehrmann defamation trial judgement today, page-419

1. 17,746 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I understand that both social values and thus their expression change. But I can assure you that there is now a deep divide between women on the trans issue. I think that is because so much of trans of gender politics has involved encroaching in the matter of womanhood versus psychological (and maybe chemical of hormonal expression in a person).

feminism was about sex and gender not being a determinant of social roles but I think you’ll find that trans is about sex and gender identity being the prime driver.

so I’m disagreeing with you that trans matters are the consequences of feminism. I think they reflect far more a perception that discrimination occurred in many different ways against many categories of person. And it did. I can recount stories that I thought at once horrifying and amusing that were clear demonstration of that

I am concerned about gender ideology as it is currently playing out and am pleased to see that the Tavistock gender puberty reassignment clinic has closed and a recent report has identified substantial issues with puberty blockers

as for whether Germaine Greer envisaged DEI hiring - well she didn’t use those terms but I do know that when I went to listen to her as part of my job role (fancy that) feminism was used to shape many employment practices

but in australia we don’t have legislated quotas. Whether employers do a good job of hiring is another matter - but that is not driven solely by gender based challenges or hiring but the tendency of employers to made up their minds within four minutes and the use of hiring techniques with poor validity.

older women aren’t the fastest growing group of homeless because of immigration - though housing stock and housing affordability is one consequence of unbalanced immigration policies that didn’t link the systemic issues of population growth, social expectations , infrastructure and changes in family characteristics. Their housing challenges also derived from other social factors.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.