I agree and I think Lee tried very hard to be balanced -...

1. 17,273 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I agree and I think Lee tried very hard to be balanced - especially since he appeared not to be impressed by either of them. The issue of consent is not judged on whether she ought to have known what was likely to happen, or must have known, or on what some other woman might or might not have done. It’s not judged on whether in getting drunk she should have expected what came next, or that having kissed him she should hardly be surprised.

whether she is a silly girl (at the time 19) or not is not relevant either. Nor is it relevant that he did what most men would do in the circumstances.

what anyone else thinks of the matter is not really relevant any more and until we see whether Bruce takes another bite - and only the future will tell us whether it is a sour or sweet cherry for him if he chooses to bite -

I find it amusing that there are so many who haven’t read the judgment, and haven’t apparently paid that much attention but think they know better than the judge. In other words that their basically uneducated opinion is correct.

And then to feel sorry for the man……. Anyone who paid any attention would surely have noticed that he kept changing his story - and that as the judge observed, his story was far more likely to be trying to cover up the truth.

just because someone is worldly enough to avoid compromising situations does not mean that every other young girl is or was or should have been.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.