CVN 4.88% 19.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

TC/EL,Even if we have a recession in the US it probably will not...

1. 69 Posts.
    TC/EL,

Even if we have a recession in the US it probably will not be noticed by the rest of the world except by the passing of the mantle from the greenback to the euro as the pre eminent currency. The big new users of energy in China and India will not slow for a while as their demand is based on people requiring more energy rather than industry.

The Thai tax rate of 50% on companies is probably comparable to their notional tax rates on employees. What the official rates are, and what actually gets paid are two very different numbers. Very different regime of taxation to the tax nazi’s in Oz I can assure you. You need to understand the expression used by expats who live or work there of “TIT = This is Thailand”. A somewhat cynical expression that means the rules/norms for the rest of the world simply do not apply.

Am I long on CVN, you bet. Not the best performer in the portfolio but a definite number 2. This is at present and if you look at the track record of TJ and his history with oilers I think the long term view is pretty rosy.

Cheers

Jami

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.010(4.88%)
Mkt cap ! $348.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.3¢ 19.5¢ $194.1K 985.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 903500 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 427080 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.