STX 2.86% 17.0¢ strike energy limited

less water maybe more gas?, page-114

1. 6,311 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2511
    I've been advocating for a 5 spot fracced pilot since STX announced they would drill K2 and K3 unfracced. I predicted they would need to come back and frac them (which they did) and that even if they did that they would need K4 and K5 in exactly the spots you've indicated in your diagram. I said many times that linear pilots in my experience don't tend to work and that you really need to shield the central well from all sides.

So I've been saying pretty much the same thing over and over again for about two years now. So you don't need to beg - you just need to pay attention!

And yes that's exactly where I'd drill K5. Keep in mind that K4's surface location was below and right of K3 but its bottom hole location was closer to where you have K6. I don't know why they drilled that well deviated, it may have been a surface access issue or they might have been trying to get increased wellbore access to coal. Regardless it doesn't seem to have worked so I'd go back to a K2/3 style well but larger diameter so that it can take an ESP.

I would probably try a re-frac on K4 before I drilled a new well at K6. Get the frac spread out when they frac K5 and get them to go back into K4. But you'd need a frac engineer to work out whether there's much chance of success for re-fraccing or whether K4 is a dead duck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $487.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 17.5¢ 16.8¢ $1.068M 6.261M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 433355 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 373316 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.