VAH 0.00% 8.6¢ virgin australia holdings limited

They were not flying to Japan ( just about to start from...

1. 153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    They were not flying to Japan ( just about to start from Queensland ) and were making money on US routes . Hongkong was losing money as was SOME of New Zealand, and Pacific.That is why I said they need to concentrate only on proven international destinations .Further I did say SQ to take a stake in a restructured Virgin ( may be it can be called something else to avoid paying any royalties to Branson , who whilst still owning circa 10% would have little appetite , given his own issues with virgin Atlantic, in pumping any money into Virgin Australia ).

Granted the domestic and in particular regional ( VARA - FIFO heavy ) are the real money earners . They may well need to reduce some frequency to certain international destinations and beef up their code share with Delta and SQ, but there are options and I am sure they would be looking at everything including not only scheduling but , admin, fleet etc.

All I am saying is that there is a need to have an alternative domestic carrier in Australia to provide consumers with options and keep the playing field fair . It may take sometime to get a new player in the domestic arena ,if Virgin are allowed to go under. Perhaps there are certain sectors of the company that can be salvaged and that may be a start

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.