LYC 0.50% $6.02 lynas rare earths limited

Hi timmo, I don't know how much value there is in looking at the...

1. 1,146 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi timmo, I don't know how much value there is in looking at the outstanding shorts. Also as I understand, you don't get charged to hold overnight. I've read the recent discussions and many look at the shorts as a static thing when in reality (if you watch the intraday action), they're being opened and closed all the time. Aside from pros taking positions pre-announcement based on info only they and their dodgy company insiders are privy too, there's no way pros can mark a stock down without covering on the way down. It would just be too expensive to push through all those retail bulls. You see them at work all the time, nudging the price below key support levels to trip stop losses (to help their markdown), then buying / covering when the price drops significantly, only to sell it straight back to the punters slightly higher but not high enough to let the majority trapped above to sell with a profit. That's how they mark the price down, buy in, wipe a line, get the impatient bulls excited, sell it straight back to them slightly higher, then with little effort trip their stops or just push through the depleted buy queues (now the eager bulls are parked above) and crash it lower. Pretty logical when you think about it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.02
Change
-0.030(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $5.627B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.93 $6.08 $5.88 $43.41M 7.258M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 6279 $6.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.04 31762 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.