AIO 0.00% $9.13 asciano limited

That is generally correct.Those who choose to sell AIO tomorrow...

1. 29 Posts.
    That is generally correct.

Those who choose to sell AIO tomorrow or later should still be eligible to participate based on settlement being T+3 (and this strategy has clearly worked before, e.g. for recko, myself and no doubt countless others here on HC).

I would just add the following 2 cents after having spoken to several brokers, the Registry and AIO itself today.

Basically, although settlement is T+3, whether a holder remains listed on the registry for eligibility purposes after selling post TH but pre ex date is actually on a case by case basis (incidentally, the same logic applies re dividend ex dates).

The suggestions have been if you want to play it safe, one would hold. Otherwise, you can sell and hope that the T+3 settlement time will still see you listed. Interestingly, according to the Registry being listed as a stock holder sometimes takes longer than three days. So the common assumption that purchasing a share sees you listed t+3 is not "strictly" always the case, but for all intents and purpose eventuates in this manner.

Accordingly, selling post TH where the holder was already listed on the registry will in all likelihood see you still eligible. Just be aware that "strictly" speaking there is a small probability (I can't quantify it but is likely to be <1%) that something happens in back office operations that sees you being ineligible.

Cheers and happy trading

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.