NOR 2.22% 4.4¢ norwood systems limited

Let's discuss the 2 free minutes for a minute XD

1. 5,519 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    Ok guys so there is something that's been on my mind and I'd like to discuss with my fellow NOR members.

The move from 10 free minutes to 5 free minutes to 2 free minutes has been bothering me because despite the general consensus on HC that its a good thing, I'm not so sure. The general consensus seems that NOR is in such a good position that they are happy to drop the free minutes. To me that makes little sense as I don't see the benefit of doing that (maybe you guys can enlighten me). Especially going from 5 minutes to 2 minutes makes little sense to me. I personally frown at the thought of an app offering me 2 minutes to talk to my loved ones to try it out. But anyway I have 2 theories:

Theory 1
    We know there have been issues in the past with NOR being unable to keep up with the network demand of all the costumers. I wonder if that is one of the reasons why they had to lower the free minutes. Questions that still concern me is, what the NOR connection ceiling is and would NOR be able to cope with a significant increase in demand (not that thats the case).

Theory 2
    Download numbers are one thing, converting those downloads into paying customers is a whole different story. I wonder if they found too many freeloaders at 10 free minutes and saw a very low conversion rate, which is why they opted to cut the minutes to a time frame where freeloading becomes less enticing.

I'd like to know what your thoughts on this are. I'm not saying any of these theories are right, this is merely a post of what has been on my mind lately regarding these drop of free minutes.

What are your theories? Thanks in advance!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.4¢
Change
-0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $20.90M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.5¢ 4.4¢ $3.453K 77.98K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 71223 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 372500 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.13am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.