ALK 0.99% 50.0¢ alkane resources limited

Currently, drilling our 4 next gold projects is proceeding only...

1. 1,239 Posts.
    Currently, drilling our 4 next gold projects is proceeding only at a minimal pace. Officilally, this is to conserve cash for the DZP.

ImO, that's penny-wise but pound-foolish. Basically, with the TGP producing well and a DZP capex of 800 mio + contingencies, having 10 mio more or less in the bank does not make any real difference, neither for our SP, nor for our viability, nor for financing, nor for the timeline.

OTOH, it still takes 2 years until we have to pay a big part of any DZP capex. That's more than enough time to do a second McPhillamys ( http://www.*.com.au/companies/news/...e-of-orange-district-joint-venture-36026.html ).

So what I'd do is take 4 mio, spend 1 mio each on our 4 current gold prospects and determine the 2 best among them. Then I'd spend another 2 mio on those 2 each. If lucky, we have proven 1-2 serious resources by then. Else, spend another 2 mio to finalize the best project. Sell it for 50 mio and spend another 2 mio getting project no 2 ready for sale.

If things go well, that way we will have another ~100 mio availabe for financing. If they don't go so well, the drilled projects might as least serve as security for better loans. Considering that - as said above - 10 mio more or less don't make a difference right now, I think it's the evident thing to do.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $301.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.5¢ 51.5¢ 48.0¢ $944.9K 1.900M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 134206 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 7500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.