EGR 2.11% 9.7¢ ecograf limited

Lets get it around, page-34

1. 1,697 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Wetaline, I know your out fishing just wanted to add, shorting is only part of the problem. I have spent many days staring at the course of sales and market depth of alot of companies. This is what I have concluded, bear in mind I have never shorted or used option or cfds.

The short trades are entered by a fund or bank who use algorithms to sell down the stock, these algorithms will push past any amount of buying until they reach the required short target. You may think they would be losing by selling their stock so low but they buy other traders stop loses and panic selling to making small profits along the way. They do this as other traders(fools like you and me) enter into a trade pushing the price up a cent or two, they then sell making a small profit cause they bought 1 or 2 cents lower, then they sell again, rinse and repeat. Only positive fundamentals and large volume can counter the downtrend. They also have access to black pools thats why the depth will often be adjusted in their favour as they know if we are buying or selling before the ASX does. The profit made on the shorting far outways the small loses they have on the constant selling. Of course cause they know in advance their stop loss once hit they have prime position to buy back the stock at the bottom making profit again on the way up till the next short is entered.

Hope that makes sense. Its not all doom and gloom KNL has a very bright future, buy and hold is the only way to make money going long imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
0.002(2.11%)
Mkt cap ! $44.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.8¢ 9.8¢ 9.7¢ $2.152K 22.16K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 9.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.8¢ 45000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.42pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.