AQD 0.00% 1.2¢ ausquest limited

let's get real !

1. 22 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    I don't claim to be an expert on AQD, but I do know that that throughout this forum there have been multiple comments on the quality of their management, and of their properties. These views appear to be well supported by all AQD releases to the market.
    What we all know is that they have made the following recent releases-
    1. 25 Nov 05 - LOI with RIO on the Nameless Prospect ( two phases but with an initial cash contribution, including 40 cent options, and with plenty of upside for AQD).
    2. 16 Dec 05 - Agreement with Falconbridge to fund exploration in Beasley & Bellary projects, again with plenty of upside for AQD.
    3.20 Jan 06 - Dircetor makes on market purchase of 100,000 shares at 46 cents.
    I would assume that the LOI, and the formal Agreement would require the ratification of the Rio Board, who probably only meet on a monthly basis, and they possibly have few sundry matters to consider other than the anixieties of a few day traders in AQD.
    The listings on this site seem to assume that the deal is confirmed to done in February ?, I can't find where this has been announced by AQD. Maybe it might take longer to work out the formalities, and get Rio Board sign off. I haven't got a clue, I would have assumed that the market would have priced the Rio deal into the share price following the November announcement, and that ratifification of the LOI etc would not necessarily have a big impact, but who knows how the market works.
    What we all know is that like all listed companies AQD has an obligation to immediately advise the market if the deal falls over, and there is nothing to assume that this is the case. Nor does(or should) AQD have any obligation to provide day by day updates on the progress of a deal that they have announced, ( just to satisfy some nervous Nellies), and which may require some fine tuning negotiation in the interests of their shareholders.

If you believe in the AQD story, recognise further upside in their properties, and the ability of their management, then the delay in the confirmation of the Rio deal, and the current price is a frustration but an
    irrelevance. On the other hand those looking for a quick gain, will be influenced by other factors including fickle market sentiment and impatience, some will make will make a $ and others may not.

I hold about $90 K in shares and options, know nothing about the company other than what I've read, but I'm not particulary fussed whether the price tommorrow is 40 cents or 50 cents, ( although these low prices don't make for a good day).I believe in the story and have confidence that there is upside in this stock.

The above is obviously a personal view, but I don't see any reason for pessimism, the fundamentals of this stock remain.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AQD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.901M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1745776 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 200000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 07.00am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AQD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.