NOR 2.78% 3.7¢ norwood systems limited

Lets get the first deal done!, page-59

1. 322 Posts.
    Sounds really expensive for travellers before data costs. What number do you use if no local number is available?

The biggest issue I see for worldphone is that it's loss making, i.e. COGS>Revenue so irrespective of the market size for roaming they are losing money on it. It's not really a roaming replacement (at the moment anyway) because you need to find your own data connection.

Let's face it, Everyone I know uses WhatsApp, Skype or Weixin when travelling for business/pleasure and can use those products free of charge - even if worldphone made a gross profit they aren't going to put much of a dent in their markets if you need to pay.

Time will tell, but I think they are fighting a losing battle with their cash burn - if their tech really is hetter than skype/wechat/WhatsApp they might be better off trying to get bought out by a player who already has scale, wants better quality than the other big players and won't be running out of cash. If they could sell themselves for $50m or maybe more that would be an excellent result in my opinion. The other avenue is to keep burning through cash until the capital markets stop providing more money.

Henry Emmett

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.7¢
Change
0.001(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $17.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.7¢ 3.6¢ $9.509K 262.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 200000 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.8¢ 21154 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.06pm 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.