NOR 2.70% 3.8¢ norwood systems limited

Lets get the first deal done!, page-62

1. 322 Posts.
    I'm not too convinced World Phone wasn't meant to be a revenue maker considering they pumped millions into marketing it and were quoting revenue run rates in the millions - if it wasn't meant to be a revenue generator why would they communicate revenue updates to the market untill the trend turned sour?

I remember seeing a clip on youtube where Ostergard mentioned that they were 'licking their wounds' following the World Phone marketing initiative and were hence refocusing back to Corona. Unfortunately I can't find it now, but it pretty clearly showed that they were investing in WP to make money. In their early presentations they show the profit model as a function of lifetime customer spend less cost of call less cost of customer acquisition... no indication they believed they would achieve a negative gross profit from world phone usage.

If the quality of WhatsApp
    /Wechat/Skype is crap (i.e. compared to Corona) then they should be able to sell the company/techology to one of them. My point is that those companies already have the scale whereas Norwood do not, so I don't think it makes financial sense for Norwood to compete as demonstrated by their FY16 4E.
    Last edited by HenryEmmett: 11/09/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.8¢
Change
0.001(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $17.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.8¢ 3.8¢ 3.8¢ $25 646

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 186559 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 188835 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.24am 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.