MGU 0.00% 1.1¢ magnum mining and exploration limited

If you recall, Tigerking, the technical advisory team appointed...

1. 4,080 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 970

If you recall, Tigerking, the technical advisory team appointed and announced on June 7th comprised both Marcus Flis, providing "strategic Resource Development and Production Modelling expertise" and Neil Goodman on "Iron Ore processing, Pig Iron steel making and Plant Construction".

Plus there's the broad expertise of the wider MinRizon Projects team providing a technical and marketing foundation beyond them.

I think there's ample expertise and gravitas here to establish an integrated operation at Buena Vista - integrating, that is, both 'front' and 'back' ends, geology, metallurgy & mining on the one hand, and the process route on the other.

Indeed, the front end's been worked over to distraction by several groups already. I think we can take that as read. (I believe $34M had been spent on studies and permitting in the decade before MGU even acquired the project.)

And guessing, I'd say we have actually already seen a de facto "result" from the MinRizon Projects conceptual study ...which, to remind the thread, was designed to "produce techno economics assessments of three proven technologies that can produce pig iron withbiochar: mini blast furnaces, rotary hearth furnaces with electric melters, and HIsmelt" and was promised to "produce operating and capital cost estimates to FEL 0, AACE Class 5 level and be complete by the end of July 2022" (from the June Quarterly) ...in the form of the subsequent appointment of Goodman as our new CEO.

Neil Goodman's background as GM of Rio Tinto’s HIsmelt Corporation for more than 10 years (it was a JV comprising Rio Tinto, Nucor Steel, Mitsubishi and Shougang that successfully proved the economic viability of the technology) certainly points to the HIsmelt processing route for MGU.

Let's see.

But I don't think there's too much doubt we have the expertise in that lot to design and develop a successful integrated green pig iron mining project.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.