EDV 1.17% $5.05 endeavour group limited

It's a controversial topic, and I for one am fully vaccinated...

1. 10,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1388
    It's a controversial topic, and I for one am fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as is the other member of our household. I had AstraZeneca: she had Pfizer.

However, I hope EDV does not accede to the wishes of Dictator Dan in Victoria and 'lock out' those who are unvaccinated.

This would be disastrous for its hotels business that has c.330 outlets around Australia.

One's medical history ought only ever be disclosed to a medical practitioner, nurse, anaesthetist, medical or hospital receptionist or surgeon.

Since the unvaccinated arguably are at most risk (if one discounts what can be legitimate concerns about whether vaccines have been sufficiently evaluated), I'm not going to be affected by their presence in a bar or hotel dining area. Allegedly, vaccinated persons can still spread 'the virus, but perhaps for shorter periods although from what I've read, evidence remains at the collation stage so no finality on that assertion.

While many who are older can remember the yellow innoculation booklets we had to carry if we wanted for instance to visit South America, that's a different kettle of fish to visiting a pub.

I do not favour infringements of civil liberties that 'Mad Mark' McGowan, Annastacia Palascszuk and Andrews, plus to some extent Steven Marshall and Peter Gutwein, seem to like imposing on the community. Look at the record on ineffective city-wide lockdowns, including in Victoria banning children from playgrounds despite no evidence any child or adult had ever been infected there.

There may be many good reasons why some aren't vaccinated. Some individuals cannot have 'the needle' due to adverse reactions. It'd be incredibly unfair to bar them from an EDV pub. (They'd simply go down the road to a competitor that had a more liberal attitude, or drink and dine at home).

Have a look at a lengthy 25 minute video by a QAN pilot available on some site called 'Rumble'. It was posted on 7 September 2021. He explains why many are reluctant or unwilling to get vaccinated: not a stance with which I agree, but also not justifying him being excluded from cafes, restaurants and pubs, let alone employment.

There must not be two classes of Australians.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EDV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.05
Change
-0.060(1.17%)
Mkt cap ! $9.044B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.12 $5.14 $5.04 $19.61M 3.864M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 55684 $5.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.06 45050 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EDV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.