SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

let's have a vote, page-4

1. 6,816 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1719
    Hi Stkilda - trust me, I am just a shareholder and know nothing more than anyone else. I do try to read everything, research overseas websites and have been doing so for five years on SDL. I have been a trader for over 15 years and have been trying to learn from my experience.

I am also heavily invested in FMS and a bunch of other iron ore resource companies and have been through a lot. I also study technical and cycle analysis and where the fundamentals of the countries are, who is investing in them, what law they are under, their negotiation experience, the outlook for the world economy. I also have experience, a few decades worth, of negotiation and how things unfold. I also try to get a feel for management, their ethics, their experience. I know only too well that there is a gap between what we think "should be" versus what "is". It is a trap and people learn it through their hip pocket. You cannot avoid reality - you can point fingers but it is the wallet that gets hit.

I think as the world economy and markets fall into a negative cycle (I expect some very bad days ahead and retesting of GFC lows by the 1st quarter of 2012) the tune of posters will change from feeling that they are not getting enough to a "thank god" we can get .57 and let's hope nothing goes wrong. The tide is turning as we speak and one day I will get all the thumbs up - which will mean nothing other that a realisation that things are not as simple as people think they are.

Lots of research into the fundamentals of SDL (Westcott does it better than anyone) is missing the point in this environment. He is right in one sense but terribly wrong IMO on the reality of business which is more sovereign and economics based. We will soon find this out.

I support the .57. When FMG scrapes sub $4.00 maybe we will start to understand that the world is a different place. I don't want to be a doomsayer but I have never been successful in investing when I follow a "but it is really worth X" mentality.

As Gabriel and others have pointed out, the market determines value. People can disagree but the SP says it all.

Millions of dollars of smart money are not voting for the "steal of the century". I do not understand why people do not see this obvious FACT.

I really question whether I should persist because the tide is against my view and the views of those who I consider to be intelligent in weighing up reality. (not enough to know a lot technically.)

I am no teacher - the market is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.