CBZ 0.00% 5.2¢ cbio limited

Yes, it was a bad look for the Interim Managing Director Helen...

1. 22 Posts.
    Yes, it was a bad look for the Interim Managing Director Helen Cameron to sell part of her CBio shareholding, and the timing just before the announcement about Novo's decision was terrible.
    I imagine that, if she had her time over again, Helen would not have made this decision. It obviously was not thought through, possibly because she had so much on her plate as acting CEO.
    But let's keep this in perspective. The old Board had 9 directors, none of whom owned any significant shareholding they actually paid for themselves - in contrast to the three Australian directors on the new Board. Even after this sale, Helen owns 209,579 shares - which is still a reasonable holding.
    Any suggestion of insider trading is ridiculous, as is the call for the resignations of not only Helen but also Ralph Craven.
    An error of judgment was made, but that does not change the fact that our new Board consists of people of integrity who have the skills, ability, experience and connections to turn our Company around. Let's give them a chance to do that. They have only been in control of the company for 3 weeks.
    I think a lot of the angst that has been directed at Helen is a result of the pent-up frustration by shareholders over the performance of the company under the previous Board and management.
    The drop in the share price since the new Board took control at the AGM on 29 November -from 18c to 8.4c - is not their fault. If Novo Nordisk did not exercise, the share price was aways going to take a dive.
    I am confident that the new Board will get the Company back on track and that shareholders will be rewarded for their patience. We are most fortunate that the old regime is not in charge now - as in the absence of a Novo deal they would have had nowhere to go.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.